Ever ridden in a car? Ummm…yes. I’m sure you have. They are everywhere. Even though they are all around us, you may not know a lot about them. We dug up some cool facts about cars! Take a look.
- 165,000 cars are produced every day.
- The average car has 30,000 parts
- Baldwin Street, in Dunedin (New-Zealand), is considered to be the steepest residential street in the world. Its reaches a 19.3-degree slope (35%).
- In the year 1916, 55% of the cars in the world were Model T Ford, which is still an unbroken record.
- Volkswagen named several of its cars after wind. Passat – a German word for trade wind; Golf – Gulf stream; Polo – polar winds; Jetta – jet stream.