Recently we had a great time with some new friends, Caleb and Noah. Caleb is trying to earn money for a remote control helicopter and is making some really cool things for people to buy. One of those things is a duct tape wallet. He was nice enough to show us how to make one!
If you’re interested in purchasing one, or would like to ask Caleb any questions, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. (He also sells elastic bracelets $1 and elastic necklaces $2.)
Watch our video and follow the directions below!
- Duct tape (one color or two colors)
- Velcro (optional)
- Cut the following lengths of tape:
- Place two 5.5 inch strips together. (Sticky side to sticky side. Line them up!)
- Place one 5.5 inch strip 1/4 inch onto the base that you made in step 2.
- Repeat on the other side, making sure the pieces line up. (You’ll have a rectangular duct tape shape.)
- Fold the rectangle in half.
- Place two 3.5 inch strips together. (Sticky side to sticky side. Line them up!)
- Repeat this with two more 3.5 strips. You will have two 3.5 inch strips left after this step.
- On the inside of the folded rectangle, place one set of the 3.5 inch strips toward the outer edge. (Not in the middle – see pic.)
- Secure this with a 3.5 inch strip along the bottom and two 1.5 inch strips on the sides.
- Repeat on other side.
- Add velcro to the ends, so that when you close the wallet it will stay shut. (Optional)
You’re done! Thank you Caleb and Noah!