Birth: July 14, 1913
Death: December 26, 2006
Term of Office: August 9, 1974 – January 20, 1977
Number of Terms Elected: No Terms; Was never elected to be president or vice-president but instead took office upon the resignation first of Spiro Agnew and then of Richard Nixon
First Lady: Elizabeth Anne Bloomer
Major Events While in Office:
- Ford grants Nixon an unconditional pardon (1974)
- Campaign Reform Law (1974)
- Communist victory in Southeast Asia (1975-76)
Helsinki Agreement (1975)
– Ford worked as a fashion model to help pay for law school. He was on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine and in the pages of Look.
– Ford was a good student in school and an all-star football player. He played college ball and was being recruited by the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers. Instead, he went to Yale Law School before joining the Navy during World War II.
– Ford served in Congress for over 25 years before becoming vice president.
– One of the first things Ford did as president was grant President Nixon a full pardon. Nixon never stood trial for the Watergate scandal.
– Ford is the only president in history that was not elected president or vice president by the American people.
Some of the above information was found at: