Your body is an amazing piece of machinery. Think of all the things you can do that you don’t even think about! We found a HUGE collection of cool facts about your body. Here’s just a few!
- The word “hormone” means “set in motion” and that’s what these chemicals do! They are the messengers of the body. Insulin tells cells to absorb sugar, epinephrine tells cells to release sugar, and the thryroid gland produces a hormone that speeds up the rate at which cells use energy.
- The two parts of your central nervous system or CNS are the brain and the spinal cord.
- Arteries carry blood away from the heart and veins carry blood to the heart.
- Red blood cells only live for about 4 months.
- You have holes in your head! These are called your sinuses.
- When you break a bone, healing starts with a blood clot. The blood clot allows osteoblasts (cells that make new bone) to form a callus. The callus toughens up and is remodeled – and you are healed!