The ocean is full of beauty, mystery, and fish. There are millions of facts about the oceans – WAY too many to include here! We did find some cool facts about the ocean to share with you. Hope you enjoy!
- The Pacific Ocean’s name has an original meaning of ‘peaceful sea’.
- The Pacific Ocean is surrounded by the Pacific Ring of Fire, a large number of active volcanoes.
- During winter the Arctic Ocean is almost completely covered in sea ice.
- An estimated 50-80% of all life on earth is found under the ocean surface and the oceans contain 99% of the living space on the planet.
- 90% of all volcanic activity occurs in the oceans.
- he top ten feet of the ocean holds as much heat as the entire atmosphere.
- Antarctica has as much ice as the Atlantic Ocean has water.